Miss

Miss

In The Stillness

In The Stillness - Andrea Randall I am going to give this book 3 1/2 stars because it was well written and it held my attention. The topic of this book is no secret; it is a difficult subject matter no matter how you go about telling it. I think that the author did well with describing the emotions of this woman who was just flat out miserable.The reason why I liked this book rather than loved it was due to the pacing of the story. The author switches from past to present throughout the majority of the book, which is fine normally, but there were many times that it was unclear how much time had passed. While some parts seemed dragged out there were other parts that were rushed through.My other issue was the heroine herself. I didn't feel bad for her at all. In my opinion this heroine was the most selfish, self-absorbed female character I have ever read. Despite her struggles with the different roles she plays in her life, I didn't feel compassion for her situation because she was that unlikable. I agree that she was a little more likable towards the end, but it was too late at that point for me.