Miss

Miss

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)

Lover at Last - J.R. Ward I am rating this at 3 1/2 stars but since there is not a half star I could only mark 3. I liked it but didn't love it like I had hoped I would. I would've liked to have seen more Q&B minus all the misunderstandings between them. The author chose to include POV's from character's who were seperate from Q&B. I assume that it was done for future stories but it was too much. For as long as I have waited for Q&B's story to be told I would've liked to have seen more of the book dedicated to them only.The sex scenes between Q&B are intense, like two lions fighting for supremacy intense. When Q finally drops his defenses and shows his vulnerable side it makes you want to wrap him up in fabric softener sheets and hold him in front of the fireplace. In the end this book was about Q learning to accept himself for who he is and to realize that he is just as worthy as those around him. Q has been a favorite of mine since he was first introduced in the series with all his tatts and piercings, and if anyone deserved a HEA it was him. The side story with the Bastards was boring in my opinion and I would have rather it not be included in the story.I admit my expectations were high, and I didn't agree 100% with the way that Q&B's story was told, but it is not a book that I would leave out if you are a fan of the BDB.