Miss

Miss

By a Thread

By a Thread - R.L. Griffin The sample gave me enough that I was curious as to where this story was heading so I purchased it and read the book this morning. There was an intense prologue at the beginning of this book so I read on with high hopes for how it would all play out in the end.My issues are few but the ones that I do have are important for a story to have in order for me to connect.1. The author does not describe the environment that surrounds the characters. The readers are given the bare minimum even when it comes to describing what the characters look like. We know that El lives in an apartment but we don't even have enough to put together in our minds what the apartment looks like etc. El gets a tattoo on her back that is a large piece that holds meaning for her but I didn't have enough info to build a picture in my mind as to how it looks. Yes, some authors go overboard as they build the world that their characters live in, but in this case it was just the opposite.2. Fade to black love scenes. All of them. If the characters in a book are going to be having sex all the time then write some of it out. I don't need explicit details all the time but it would be nice to have some details so that I have a better understanding of the chemistry between the two characters.3. This book ends with a scene that takes place after the prologue, but the reader is left hanging in the dark because the event that takes place in the prologue is not explained. At all. I assume that the author plans a sequel but she doesn't mention it at the end. Because of this the reader is left with a book with no ending. There are more books around these days that end with a cliff hanger then there are ones that have a solid ending, this book has neither of those endings, but it does comes across as being unfinished.