Miss

Miss

Inevitable - Nicola Haken I'm on the fence when it comes to rating this book. When I first started reading this one I noticed that the author had done a good job bouncing back and forth between POV's. The heroine Maddie, is British born and it shows through in her dialogue with her saying things such as whilst, arse, etc. In the beginning of the book when the POV would switch to Blaine's, the writing reflected how one would speak as an American but then it changed in later chapters and he would start using the same British terms when thinking to himself. I know that British slang and American slang are different from each other and it would have been less distracting had the author stayed true with the proper slang differences when POV's were switched.Blaine had a tortured relationship with his father that was pretty intense. There were definite issues between the two of them, and trust me when I say that I as a reader was already feeling the angst for Blaine. But then author chose to throw in some additional horror into that situation that seemed gratuitous and unnecessary. There is no need to keep piling it on in this case and I would've liked the book more without it.