Miss

Miss

Willing Sacrifice - Joey W. Hill I was so excited when I learned that there would be another book in the Knights of the Board Room Series. Of course I pre-ordered it, and as soon as it downloaded to my Kindle, I was a reading fiend. This is Joey Hill, after all and KotBR is one of my all-time favorite series.In Willing Sacrifice we are treated to Max’s story as he tries to form a relationship with Janet. Janet is a Domme and Max is not a sub but he is willing to do things her way just to be with her. There’s where the problems begin for me at least. Janet knows that Max is not a sub yet she is unwilling to tone down the Mistress side for Max. Yet Max is willing to be brought to heel by Janet doing things her way.I enjoy reading BDSM and I’ve read a lot of it, but I mostly stick to male Dom’s because a female Domme just doesn’t fit my kink. The story it’s self is well written, and Joey, takes the reader on an emotional ride as she usually does, but I really wasn’t a fan of Janet. I understood that the relationship that Max, and Janet, started to build would not be easy, but I had the feeling that it was Max who was making all these compromises to be who he needed to be for her. Where were the Willing Sacrifices Janet was giving up to be with Max? There was no equal power exchange here between these two and so I was unable to understand the connection. I adore Max and always have throughout this series so it hurt to see him treated this way.