Miss

Miss

Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)

Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23) - Sherrilyn Kenyon I don't think I've ever been so relieved to reach the end of a book than I was with this one. Hardcore angst throughout the majority of the book had me seeing through a haze of red. As a reader you will cry for mercy, unfortunately SK doesn't grant you any. The majority of the book takes place when Styxx was a kid where the reader is given a new perspective on the childhood he shared with Acheron. The reality of his childhood makes Acheron's seem like a walk in the park. If you've read his book then you already understand just how horrific a tale that was. SK goes OTT with Styxx, with constant never ending descriptions of rape, torture, and humiliation. With a book of this length I would have expected more time to be given to the brother's reconciliation. So much time is spent going over the tragedy that was his life but the end was rushed through with a ton of things going on at once not giving the reader a chance to experience any light to balance out the dark.