Miss

Miss

I Am Her...

I Am Her... - Sarah Ann Walker Quite possibly the worst ending that I have ever come across in a book. I don't have to have an HEA at the end of a read. What I do have to have is a general understanding of what I just read, why I read it, and a general sense of completion. This book is full of contradictions. There are things that as a reader you are led to expect in the story but these things never tie together. It is not done in a suspenseful way where the reader is shocked to find out that the bad guy is not who they expected etc. It is done in a way that tells me that the author just flat out got lazy and possibly bit off more than they could chew. I get the sense that the author wanted to tell a story that she didn't know how to tell.Details matter. I pay attention to details but I don't like wasting my time paying attention to details that don't ultimately matter in a book. This book was full of those details that don't matter. Focus was brought to the details that don't matter. When you read an entire book, especially a book with this kind of subject matter you expect that the details will come together somehow and make sense in the end making it all worth it. That does not happen here leaving the reader confused and wondering what in the hell just happened. Not in a good way that leaves me coming back for more, but in a bad way that makes me wish I had never come here in the first place.After I read this book I learned that the author wrote this story while in a manic two week period where she herself was transformed into "Her". Somehow that doesn't surprise me.