Miss

Miss

SPOILER ALERT!

Warning!!!!!! ****Spoilers**** Warning!!!!!! ****Spoilers****

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas

This is one of those times where I'll happily stay in the "I'm in the minority corner" all by myself! I just can't see the same thing as other's see in this book. I thought that I must have missed something big, so I went back looking over the facts, and I still came up confused.

Now, the majority of the reviews I write are pretty basic, and generally spoiler free. This review will include spoilers and since I have no clue how to make spoiler tags or what ever they're called this is all the warning your going to get.

I have just come across the worst ending that I've read in a book since the fuckery of (shall not be named)!

WHAT IN THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?

I can deal with the constant changing timeline. I can even deal with a having a liar for a narrator. Frequent inconsistencies within a group of spoiled rich teens are to be expected in situations like this. What was unexpected was the lazy ass ending.

What is a lazy ending? A lazy ending occurs when you realize that you have just read 400+ pages of verbal diarrhea. Nothing makes any sense anymore once you have read the last couple of pages.

Don't get me wrong! I was not surprised when it was revealed who'd done it. I figured things were probably going to go down like that. I got the why, the who, and the where, but not the how. Not how she was killed, because we know that from the get go, but how the killer did it.

Despite all of time spent going over timeframes, alibi's, and all of the who, what, why, and where's, we still don't know exactly what happened in that room between Anna and Ellie. I wanted in on that confrontation! Just how did Anna pull it off on the sly? I get that she ripped the necklace off Ellie after she killed her, but for her to have spent all that time in jail, and on trial, in another country none the less, how in the world does she still possess the necklace with Ellie's blood on it three years after the trial ended. Was she wearing it in jail? No. Did she get the chance sometime to get someone to hold the bloody necklace for safekeeping while she was away? I suppose it's possible that Anna could have gotten someone to do that, but hat would have insinuated a certain level of awareness for her part in the crime.

Yes, this story is full of twists and turns, but if you have ever seen coverage of the Natalie Holloway non-investigation, heard of the Amanda Knox trial, seen Mean Girls, or even took the title of the book as a clue, or if your like me and you tend to notice everything, then you already know what to expect from this one.