Miss

Miss

Psychological Thriller

Nightfall - Anne Stuart

Netgalley read.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Nightfall. With all the books that I read these days they tend to merge together in my memory because many of them are so much alike. Boy meets girl. Due to some childhood trauma girl runs from boy. Misunderstandings galore break the two apart. In one page all the garbage that took the first 200 pages to pile up gets cleared away and it's sunny again. HEA.

Here we have a book with actual adults as MC's. Yes, you heard right. This book is not for the feint of heart. There is no romance to be found in it's pages. This book is dark and a bit shocking if your green. I do admit that I had things figured out fairly quickly but the author did a good job with making me question my crime solving skills at times. As always with this type of genre there are times where you will want to pinch yourself after the MC does something stupid or one of your pet peeves has made an appearance suddenly. But that's ok because this is a thriller and there's nothing going on that's going to make you wish you were in the heroines shoes. Mostly ;)

I liked it and would recommend to other readers who enjoy this genre.