Miss

Miss

This is MY review and I'm sticking to it!

The Missionary - Jack Wilder

Here is my review for The Missionary as posted on Amazon. Keep in mind that this book has a total of 32 reviews, 29 of those reviews are 5 star ratings, 2 are 4 star ratings, then there is my lonely 2 star rating. 10 of those 5 star reviews have popped up since my review posted yesterday less than 24 hours ago. I am the first to admit that there have been many occasions where I have not liked a book that many other's have seemed to love, so read into that what you will. This particular review is MY opinion and I really don't give a flying fuck if it's not popular with other's.

2 Star rating means that the book was ok in my opinion. I think that the author did a good thing by shedding light on such a tough subject so I commend him for that.

The issues that affected my overall reading experience mainly had to do with the writing style of the author. The pacing of the book made things difficult to comprehend. I had no idea how much time had elapsed between the moment that the h was abducted until somewhere after the 70% mark. Contrived drama was another issue that pulled me out of the story. Too much tell not enough show was another one.