Miss

Miss

Bold Tricks  - Karina Halle

Back on January 25th 2013 I came across a book called Sins & Needles. My first thought was that the title and cover was pretty bad ass, so I purchased it right away, and then I dove right in. I loved what I read about a bad ass Ellie, the anti-H Javier, and the mysterious Camden. It was fresh, it was new, and I was in love. My love for these damaged character's continued to grow with the next 2 books released.

Giving Bold Tricks a 3 star rating is breaking my heart into little tiny pieces. Karina Halle has written such an awesome series so that is why I was so disappointed after finishing Bold Tricks.

And no my disappointment has nothing to do with the fact that my dream of a ménage between these three never happened! The love triangle between these three has been intense and heartbreaking at times, so the fact that it was resolved so quickly seemed odd. The character's personalities seemed to have undergone transplants at the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. We went from action, suspense, a hot love triangle, to fluff-n-stuff. The story suddenly got a little cheesy and romantic, which totally caught me off guard.

We do get closure in the end so that's good. I was just hoping for a little more of the gritty character's whom I've come to love.

Karina Halle is still a favorite of mine and I can't wait for her next release :)